Sip! powdered mixes make Extraordinary Drinking Chocolate, but did you know that it also makes more than drinking chocolate? No lie! Chef En-Ming has created a variety of fun and exciting new recipes using Sip! powdered mixes – like this chewy, flourless Chocolate Almond Ganache Cooke. Perfect for gift-giving and entertaining! Or just decadent snacking!
Sip! Extraordinary Chocolate Almond Ganache Cookie
A chewy, flourless cookie with candied orange peel sandwiched with Sip! Chocolate ganache.
- 100 g. (7 T.) heavy cream
- 16 g. (2 T.) Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate mix
- 80 g. (1/2 c.) dark chocolate 64%, chopped
- 60 g. (5/8 c.) blanched almond flour
- 10 g. (4 t.) Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate mix
- 80 g. (6 T.) sugar
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 25 g. (3 T.) candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 60 g. (2 large) egg whites, room temperature
- 30 g. (2 T. + 1 t.) sugar
- confectioners' sugar, as needed
For the Sip! ganache filling, whisk the heavy cream and 16 grams (2 T.) of Sip! Extraordinary dark chocolate mix to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk together or blend with a stick blender. Blend well. Cover with plastic wrap to touch the surface. Rest at room temperature for at least 6 hour or overnight until firm enough to pipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (176℃).
Mix together the almond flour, 10 grams (4 t.) of Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate Mix, 80 grams (6 T.) of sugar, and salt. Add the candied peel.
Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add the 30 grams (2 T. + 2 t.) sugar. Whisk to soft peaks.
- Fold the meringue into the dry ingredients in 3 portions.
- Scoop or spoon teaspoons full of mix onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave 1-1/2-inches of space between each cookie.
- Dust cookies with confectioners’ sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (10 minutes for convection bake) until the surface appears dry. Cool completely.
- Transfer the ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch tip.
- Sandwich the cookies together with the ganache. Cookies will soften as they rest.
- Store the cookies at room temperature for up to 2 day or freeze for up to 2 months. If freezing, bring to room temperature before serving.